Plan 5 (Kiefer)
- Portfolio 1 - 5 1/2 weeks
Specific requirements: two detailed summaries, one detailed Toulmin or rhetorical analysis, and one summary-and-response essay; 15% of the final grade
- Portfolio 2 - 7 weeks
Two polished arguments on approved topics, totaling approximately 15-18 pages. One paper should argue to "convince," and one should argue to "persuade." 50% of the final grade
- Portfolio 3 - 3 1/2 weeks
This portfolio includes collaborative writing on analytic responses to readings as well as a final individual analysis paper. The paper will make up 60% of the portfolio grade. The remaining 40% of the portfolio grade will be based on collaborative group work. Portfolio 3 accounts for 25% of the course grade.