8. Students still ask if their work has to be typed.
7. An essay with jazzy fonts is not automatically a better essay.
6. I only recognize the backs of students' heads.
5. I spend too much of my one-on-one time with the students who want to complain, not write.
4. Whole-class discussion can be difficult.
3. Sometimes as I lie awake at night, I obsess about the student who refused to do any research except personal genealogy on the Internet.
2. I usually need a bullhorn to get the class's attention.
1. Repetition, repetition, repetition.