What are the non-obvious differences between teaching in the computer classroom and teaching in the traditional classroom
Several recurring themes emerge when teachers who have taught in both classrooms discuss differences between them.
- Activities in the computer classroom take more time. See Less is More under Teaching in the Computer Classroom.
- Students' and teachers' roles can change in the computer classroom. See What are the benefits to teaching in the computer classroom?
- You have a tremendous research tool right in the classroom. No more field trips to the library.
- Dailies allow class to start without you. See Dailies under Teaching in the Computer Classroom.
- Technology makes outside-the-classroom communication much easier.