Concentrate on Key Strategies for End Comments
- Move from questions to more directive comments as you progress through the semester.
- Follow a directive comment with suggestions.
- Note resources where students can get more help.
- Refer to specific pages in a writing guide if you assign one for the class.
- Think ahead to the next paper and note key issues that the student can focus on.
- Trust your instincts as a reader and don't be afraid to give a reader response.
- Don't use end comments only to justify a grade.