Sample Posted Guidelines
The following is an example of a list of workshop guidelines you might post on an overhead, asking students to address workshop questions on their own notebook paper.
- Read through the essay once.
- Circle the thesis of the essay.
- Is the thesis clear? Focused?
- Does the essay address all parts of the thesis? If not, what does it still need to address?
- Does the essay address all parts of the assignment? If not, what does it still need to address?
- Does the essay maintain its focus on proving the thesis? If not, where does it stray?
- Indicate the evidence the writer uses to support the different parts of the claim.
- Are these types of evidence appropriate? Relevant? Specific? Explained?
- Are there any places in the essay that still need more evidence?
- Does the writer need to use more evidence than what is here?
- Are there any other types of evidence that could be used?
View Sequencing Peer-Review Tasks