CSU Writing Center Checklist 2
Visitors to this site are welcome to download and print these guidelines.
- Is the assignment written clearly on a handout?
- Do the instructions explain the purpose(s) of the assignment?
- Does the assignment fit the purpose?
- Is the assignment stated in precise language that cannot be misunderstood?
- If choices are possible, are these options clearly marked?
- Are there instructions for the appropriate format? (examples: length, typed, cover sheet, size of paper)
- Are there any special instructions, such as use of a particular citation format or kinds of headings? If so, are these clearly stated?
- Is the due date clearly visible? Are late assignments accepted? If so, any penalty?
- Are any potential problems anticipated and explained?
- Are the grading criteria spelled out as specifically as possible? How much does content count? Organization? Writing skills? One grade or separate grades on form and content?
- Does the grading criteria section specifically indicate which writing skills the teacher considers important as well as the various aspects of content?
- What part of the course grade is this assignment?
- Does the assignment include use of models (strong, average, weak) or sample outlines?
Thanks to Jean Wyrick for providing this checklist.
View Sample Assignments