Creating and Using Overheads
Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse! The more you practice, the more at ease you'll be with your presentation. Use this checklist to prepare:
- Rehearse your presentation using your visual aids. Afterwards, review the integration checklist again to determine if changes to your visuals are necessary.
- Rehearse your presentation again. And again. Rehearse until you can move through the entire presentation smoothly.
- Rehearse in front of an audience. Begin with an audience of peers...you should be willing to do the same for them someday.
- Ideally, you should also rehearse with an audience as similar to your "real" audience as possible.
- Rehearse in the actual presentation room if possible.
- For one last time, go back to the integration checklist and modify your visual aids in light of your audiences' comments.
- You should be comfortable with your presentation by now. Run through it until the presentation becomes a familiar story you can tell with ease.