Editing Your Resume
- Proofread, proofread, and proofread!
- Be consistent with the document's organization - capitalizing, italicizing, bulleting, etc.
- Make sure your margins are even.
- Make sure to use the correct verb tense when discussing past activities.
- Make sure the document is easy to read, fast.
- Use specific language - concrete nouns and "action" verbs, avoid passive voice!
- Be careful about the length, one page is usually sufficient.
One of the best things a resume writer can do before sending his or her work to an employer is to ask someone else to take a look at the document. If you are a student, many universities have job placement services that include resume critiquing and workshops.