Revise Again, Proofread and Edit
Revise your CV as needed based on feedback you receive from readers. Then, edit and proofread your CV carefully. Proofread, check format consistency, and be sure to use an active voice with carefully chosen, specific language.
- Proofread! Get another pair of eyes to review your work as well.
- Be consistent with the document's organization - capitalizing, italicizing, bulleting, etc.
- Make sure your margins are even.
- Make sure to use the correct verb tense when discussing past activities.
- Make sure the document is easy to read.
- Use specific language - concrete nouns and active verbs, avoid passive voice!