|Return to Workshop Sheets|
|Workshop Sheet for Rhetorical Analysis for Portfolio 1|
Writer's Name ___________________________
Editor's Name and Phone # ___________________________________
Read through the paper completely before answering any of the following questions.
1. Evaluate the writer's analysis of the reader of this text. Does it accurately represent the readers as you understand them? How does your understanding differ, if at all?
2. What features of the text did the writer identify as most important? Do you agree with their assessment? Does the writer explain clearly why these features of the essay are important, convincing, appealing, difficult to read, etc.?
3. Is the writer's analysis of the author clear and understandable? Does the writer explain clearly how the author identifies with the readers?
4. How did you respond to the author of this essay? Does your response agree with the writer's analysis of the author?
5. What audience limitations does the writer identify? Do you agree with this analysis? Why or why not?
6. What does the writer identify as the author of this essay's motivation? How could the writer improve the analysis of this motivation?
7. Do you have any other questions about the writer's analysis? Can you suggest any points of analysis the writer may have overlooked?
8. What concerns does the writer still have about revising this analysis? What can you suggest to help the writer?
9. What's the most effective part of this analysis?