Preparing Portfolio 2
Please follow these guidelines for preparing the final copies of your two arguing papers:
- Leave 1 inch margins top and bottom, left and right.
- Do NOT use right justification.
- Please double space.
- Use a readable font in 12 point type.
- Title your paper.
- If you use headings in the paper, make sure they are distinctive (use a larger font, bold, all caps, or centered) from the body of the text.
In pen or pencil, note the target audience at the top of the final draft. N.B.: I won't grade your papers if they do not have the audiences noted.
Please follow these guidelines for organizing the entire portfolio:
- Starting at the bottom of the stack for each final paper:
- earliest drafts in order of appearance
- peer review comments with the drafts reviewed
- photocopies of any research
- final copy
- Please band or clip the stack of materials for each of the final papers. Or you could use a folder and put materials for each paper on either side.
- Keep the postscript separate on the top of the final copy. I put those aside until I finish reading through the rest of the portfolio, but I want to be able to find it.
- If you're participating in the research, please include the research forms with your portfolio. I'll separate those when the portfolios are turned in.