DAILY: Which one of the articles assigned for the Inquiry essay did you find more persuasive? Why? Write for about five minutes and be ready to discuss.
HOME WORK: respond to each article (half page response for each, typed, double spaced etc.)
- ask about the daily -- which article(s) did students enjoy most? why?
- read aloud a passage from the three articles
- discuss the articles we haven't yet in detail; what is Rodriguez saying? what is Fallows saying?
- what are some themes that show up in each article? LANG. AND: IDENTITY, UNITY, EDUCATION, POLITICS, ALIENATION, ASSIMILATION, DISCRIMINATION, POWER (write on the board) --have student scribe
- discuss themes -- what do they mean? how are some themes similar/different from one another in each article?
- in what ways can students relate?
- in what ways can students not relate?