Appendix 2: Web Forum Assignment
Instructions for getting to the Web Forum from any computer that has Netscape (Library, Eddy 300, etc.):
Instructions for posting, once in the Web Forum:
- In Windows, click on Netscape.
- to get to the Writing Center, type in the following address: www.Colostate.edu (be sure to type it in exactly this way, with the capitals in the right places and no spaces between anything.)
- At the Writing Center homepage, click on Assignments and Class Pages.
- Click on Composition.
- Click on Composition Class Pages.
- Click on CO150 Instructors.
- Click on [insert your class section and name]
- Click on View the Class Forum.
- When you are in the forum, you should see a message from me. Read this. It will tell you what you are to write about.
- Hit the "back" arrow key at the top of the screen to exit my message, then re-enter the Web Forum in order to post your response.
- Click on the "Post" box.
- Click on Verify/Register to register with your own name.
- Insert your name (and a user name you make up -- letters or numbers) in the appropriate areas. Be sure to remember your user name just like you would a PIN number.
- If you have trouble registering for any reason, remember you can register as a "Guest."
- When you get to the posting screen, type in your name and the title of your message (any title will do.)
- Scroll down to the large box. Re-position your cursor there.
- Once in the large box, begin typing your response to my message (take about 20 minutes to do this.)
- If this is the way you want your message to appear, click in the "Submit" box (you will probably need to scroll down to see it.)
- Now the program will ask you to verify that the posting is what you want it to be.
- After you have checked it and seen that it is correct, click on "Verify."
- Your response is officially posted!
- You may click on other people's postings as well to see what kinds of things they have written.