This assignment is aimed toward developing your ability to use the following strategies in writing academic papers:
- identifying important issues/questions being raised in a group of course readings.
- understanding how a group of readings addresses one of these issues/questions
- determining what positions the authors of the these readings take in relation to the issue and to one another
- understanding how your relevant personal experiences can provide you with a basis for discussing the issue and
- elected readings (see Option 1 under "Strategies").
- understanding how selected readings can help you to better understand or interpret your experience (see Option 2 under "Strategies").
- practicing collecting material from a variety of readings, including peer-authored work
- synthesizing and categorizing this material in preparation for writing
- organizing a coherent essay based on clearly defined and well-supported main points