- Focus on your presentation on several key findings about the language practices of a profession or discipline. Try to find an overall relationship or set of relationships that ties the findings together. For instance, you might indicate that the nature of the work done within a particular profession shapes its language practices.
- Develop your presentation to support your analysis of the language practices on which you've focused. Provide examples from interviews members of the profession or discipline, passages from sample texts, and claims from articles about the discipline. Provide clear reasoning to support your conclusions.
- Organize the presentation and your handout to account for the limited time and space you have to present your findings.
- Write in a style that demonstrates sensitivity to audience, subject, and occasion.
- Demonstrate through all your choices in writing this paper an understanding of rhetorical context (audience and purpose).