- Interviews and Rhetorical Analyses
- To discuss the paper and presentation assignments.
- To discuss collaborative drafting strategies.
- Set by groups--they should finish any individual work they
have left and begin drafting.
- Start with an appropriate DAILY writing exercise:
Insert your own DAILY here.
- Start out the class by discussing some of the particulars
of the actual essay and presentation assignments. You might start
this by having your students re-read the assignment sheets and
summarize the primary elements of both assignments. Be sure to
field any questions, etc.
- If you feel that your students need more help understanding
the actual assignments than a quick class discussion will provide,
devise a longer activity that includes some in-class practice
with developing outlines, etc.
- Announce to your students that they should be working on drafting
their essays at this point.
- Take the rest of the hour for group work.