- Workshop drafts of group essays.
- To generate workshop criteria for the essays.
- Set by groups: next deadline is the final due-date for the
whole Unit III project.
- Daily on criteria generation.
- Start out your class with a DAILY which asks your students
to generate workshop criteria based for the Unit III essay based
on the four writing elements.
- Then, choose one of the following options:
- Option One: If your students are moving along
well and simply need more time to draft, generate the criteria,
and have the groups exchange drafts and workshop each other's
essays in class. Then, used day nine for more group work time.
- Option Two: If you feel your students would
benefit more from more structured workshopping, generate the criteria
and then spend the rest of the class critiquing a sample essay
(available from Mark or Jon). Have the groups exchange essays
in class, do the critiques for homework, and spend day nine as
a workshop/revision day.