- Rhetorical Analyses and Interviews.
- To discuss group drafting strategies.
- To give groups some time to work in class.
- Set by individual groups. One of the tasks you set for the
groups today should be to generate their own assignments for next
- Hand out the remainder of the assignment materials today:
the paper and presentation spec sheet, the post-script, and the
- Start with an appropriate DAILY writing exercise:
Insert your own DAILY here.
- For the first part of the class, devise an activity to help
students generate ideas for drafting their essays collaboratively
and breaking up the workload. Take the first 15-20 minutes of
class for this.
- Allow your students to use the rest of the time for group
work. It's a good idea, though, to require that each group produce
some kind of product before the end of the hour, such as individual
assignments for the next few days. Have each group "check
out" with you before they leave.