- The Rherorical Prospectus. Grade this quickly so you can
return them by or before the next class. (If you feel your studnets
need them sooner, you can return them via a box outside your office
- To discuss shaping the Arguing Essay based on the prospectus.
- To begin shaping the essay in class.
- Assign appropriate readings from the PHG on shaping and argument,
developing an argument, revising, and MLA documentation.
- Give an assignment to prepare students to discuss development
and language analysis in the next class. For instance, you might
have students reread one of the articles from the beginning of
the unit, and specifically analyze how the author analyzes language
to develop his/her argument.
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Start the class today with an activity/discussion that shows
how students can use their aprospectae to begin shaping their
actual essays. One good example drawn out on the board can help
a great deal.
- Then, based on the example on the board, have your students
work on shaping their own essays. You may want to have an outline
or some other relevant product due by the end of class.