- Researched articles, PHG reading on Claims and Appeals in
- To have students evaluate their OWN sets of articles the same
way they evaluated the class set.
- Finish the Rhetorical Prospectus.
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Start the class today for an activity which lets your students
evaluate their own articles in order to find foci for their Arguing
- Design an activity or discussion geared toward helping your
students understand the different standard claims and appeals
for written argument. Remember to make the connection to their
own writing: they're going to be making their own claims soon,
so this should help give them ideas about the kinds of claims
they can make and the different ways they might appeal to their
- Use any remaining time for in-class work on the Prospectae.