- Readings of in-class topical articles (plus synthesis grid,
- To have students evaluate the class readings based on both
objective and subjective criteria.
- To help students begin using those criteria in order to begin
defining their own general points of view on the language issue
for the unit.
- Assign appropriate pages from the Arguing and Problem-Solving
chapters in the PHG. At this point, the readings should concentrate
on the preliminaries: what arguemnts are, the general writing
process, and collecting and prewriting.
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Look back at the Unit II narrative for some more detailed
ideas about a sequence for this day. By the end of the class,
your students should have practiced evaluating the in-class readings
you assigned last time.