- To discuss the library assignment and spend more time talking
about research methods.
- At this point, have your students working on finding articles
expressing different points of view on their own topic areas.
They should have at least three articles by day 9 (Friday
of this week). Remember to encourage them to start setting up
interviews right away.
- Reading from PHG on basic claims and appeals for argumentation.
See pp. 420-432 in the PHG.
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Start the class today by discussing the library assignment.
A good way to do this is to have students write a Daily w/ their
questions and frustrations, get a master list of issues to deal
with on the board, and then answer (or better yet, have the class
answer) those concerns.
- Spend the remainder of the class going into more detail on
research methods. This is an excellent time to give advice on
setting up interviews, asking questions, etc.