- To introduce research and research methods.
- Assign the library assignment over the weekend
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Use this day (and the next) to familiarize your students with
the basics of research.
- Some potential areas to cover on the first day:
- Why research?
- General research methods and sources (print and field sources,
electronic resources, how to follow a bibliography trail, etc.)
- Some "getting started" material for the library
assignment (emphasis on patience, using the librarians, the online
library tutorial via the Writing Center, and perhaps some
basic information about the SAGE system.)
- If you're not already familiar with the general layout and
resources available from Morgan Library, make sure you give yourself
the basic tour before today--and spend some time learning the
SAGE system for yourself.
- Be sure to explain and assign the library assignment today!