- Reading from PHG and prewriting about topics.
- To help students begin generating topic ideas before they
- Some structured writing about their topic ideas to activate
prior knowledge (see narrative).
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Your main goal today is to have your students leave the class
with at least one good topic idea they can use as they begin researching
in the library. For more detailed ideas for the structure of
the day, see the Unit II narrative.