- By this point, you students should have read and discussed
the topical articles for Unit II, and generated their own subjective
criteria for evaluating those articles.
- To have students evaluate the class readings based on both
objective and subjective criteria.
- To help students begin using those criteria in order to begin
defining their own general points of view on the language issue
for the unit.
- In order to get your students moving toward their own arguing
topics, assign a combination of readings from the Arguing and
Problem Solving chapters in the PHG, along with some prewriting
toward topic ideas.
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Look back at the Unit II narrative for some more detailed
ideas about a sequence for this day.