- Initial draft of Arguing Essays and PHG reading on MLA documentation.
- To learn and apply MLA documentation.
- Workshop draft with documentation in place.
- Some sample sources for documentation practice.
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Devise an activity to teach documentation. One good way to
do this is to start the class by discussing, briefly, why documentation
is necessary. Then, you can give a quick talk on the basic process
of documentation, the basic parts of a citation, and the process
of looking up citation formats for different kinds of sources.
Then you can put students into groups, give each group 1-2 sample
sources, and have them help each other look up the styles both
for in-text and works cited citations. Finally, you can have
your students spend any remaining time looking up documentation
styles for their own sources.