- Whatever you assigned from last time.
- To discuss and model developing an argument about language
issues via language analysis.
- Read PHG material on MLA documentation.
- Draft of the Arguing Essay.
- Be sure to have students bring all their sources to the next
class in order to practice documenting them.
- Start with an appropriate Daily writing exercise:
Insert your own Daily here.
- Design an activity for today which models good development
in an Arguing Essay and highlights language analysis. For instance,
you might have the class break into small groups and analyze a
sample for its development, and then bring the groups together
to draw some conclusions about how to develop their own essays.
- Use any remaining time, as before, to have students practice
developing their own ideas in class.