- Workshop full drafts of Essay 4
- Complete course evaluations
- Give students Postscript questions
Connection to course goals:† This final class meeting emphasizes the importance of ongoing revision during the writing process.
1. Workshop Essay 4 (50-55 minutes):† Design a workshop that highlights the aspects of this assignment that you think need most attention as students make final revisions to their papers. See the Essay 4 Workshop Guide sheet in the appendix for ideas.
2. Give students the Essay 4 postscript questions (2 minutes):† Create your own Postscript questions.
3. Remind students of the time and expectations for the final exam (2 minutes)
4. Have students complete the course evaluation (15 minutes)†
- Complete Essay 4 and be prepared to hand it in with all process work on the assigned due date
- Prepare for final meeting
Prepare an activity that brings the entire semester together in some way that students can complete during the final exam time.† Perhaps have students write a self-evaluation in which they refer back to specifics from the papers they wrote in this course to discuss in detail what they learned during the semester, how they have improved, and where they want to improve in terms of their writing in the future.† You might also let students know that youíll read their self-evaluations and they could impact their grades, especially if the piece is especially effective and their final grade is on a borderline.†
Other options might be to have students give an oral presentation on their final papers.† Itís sometimes interesting for students to see what issues everyone else dealt with and what they found in researching and writing their issue.† You might also use some of their presentations as the bases for discussions during the final meeting time.†
In any caseó
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO MEET WITH YOUR CLASS DURING THE ASSIGNED FINAL EXAM PERIOD IN THE ASSIGNED CLASSROOM.