What we'll do today in class:
- Workshop full drafts of Arguing essay
Connection to course goals: Emphasizes the important of revision in the writing process. Also asks students to analyze and hierarchize the most important contextual expectations they'll have to meet and how well they're currently meeting them.
- Design a workshop that has students provide effective feedback to their peers.
- Be sure the workshop covers important parts of this assignment:
- Making a narrow and focused claim that is maintained throughout the essay.
- Attention to audience
- Development and evidence - in terms of credibility, amount, audience's expectations, etc.
- use of appeals
- Save the last 5 minutes or so for any final questions on Essay 4 and to tell them what you want them to turn in with the final draft of the essay.
Complete Essay 4
Bring final draft and supporting materials in folder.