What we'll do today in class:
Connection to course goals: The final workshop emphasizes writing the importance of ongoing revision during the writing process (versus simply one draft).
- Final workshop for Essay 3. Design a workshop that highlights the aspects of the third essay that you think need the most attention. Since they've already looked some at focus and coherence with the Backwards Outline workshop on day 19, you might try to center this workshop around development and evidence. Remember they should have evidence that supports:
- Their claim about culture (the myth or anxiety they claim exists)
- Their claim about the TV show (what the show does with that myth or anxiety)
- Possibly the effect of the TV show (if they're making a claim about the effect this show has on viewers)
- Also, remember that the evidence should be specific, relevant, and explained. They'll want to be especially detailed with their evidence from the actual TV show, so viewers can easily see that what they're saying is actually happening in the show.
While they're workshopping, put a list on the board of everything they'll have to turn in with the final draft of Essay 3.
Take any last questions about the 3rd essay.
Assignment: Revise Essay 3