How to Set Up Small Group Discussions Online
To set up online groups for your class log onto your SyllaBase class home page (see "How to Login to Our Class Web Forum on SyllaBase" for instructions).
- Click on the gray "Admin." button in the left column
- Click on "class groups"
- From the class groups page, click on the "add group" button
- Type in the group name and description (optional)
- Scroll down and look to see that all students are listed in a box (waiting for you to place them in a group). Keep in mind that you'll need to enter students' names into your class roster before the names will appear in the box.
- After you've completed a group, click on submit
- After adding students to a group, you can then assign the group to discussion forums, file-sharing archives, and real-time chat rooms; assigning groups is done in each tool's admin page. These groups also appear on your email page. To learn more about this feature, click on the help button at the top of the class groups page.