CSU Writing Center Checklist 1
Visitors to this site are welcome to download and print these guidelines.
- Written out the assignment so that students can take away a copy of the precise task?
- Made clear which course goals this writing task helps students meet?
- Specified the audience and purpose of the assignment?
- Outlined clearly all required sub-parts of the assignment (if any)?
- Included my grading criteria on the assignment sheet?
- Pointed students toward appropriate prewriting activities or sources of information?
- Specified the format of the final paper (including documentation, headings or sections, page layout)?
- Given students models or appropriate samples?
- Set a schedule that will encourage students to review each other's drafts and revise their papers?
Thanks to Kate Kiefer and Donna LeCourt for providing this checklist.
View CSU Writing Center Checklist #2