Questions for Tightening Rhetorical Context Analysis 2 (Publication Analysis) - Coan
The Writing@CSU server will be offline for server maintenance, February 11th, beginning at 1:00 pm Mountain time. The downtime should last from one to two hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Why do sections of the magazine occur in the order they do?
- What political views are favored, if any? Explicitly or implicitly?
- Do the editors write articles? What does this indicate about control of content?
- What races, genders, classes... of people are represented in articles and ads?
- How well do these people (above) represent the magazine's readership?
- How much does the magazine cost?
- Who are the advertisers? Any ironies between ad and article content?
- Articles: Variety of styles, or consistently similar?
- Letters to the Editor (if any): Mostly pro? Mostly con? Editorial responses?
- What is the overall purpose of the magazine? How, and how well, does it reach it?
- Are there purposes other than those immediately apparent?