Pro/Con Workshop Sheet
- Discuss the effectiveness of the writer's introduction to the essay. Is the purpose clear? Is the writer's stance clear? Will a reader be able to recognize without too much difficulty that this paper will explore the pros and cons of this issue?
- Discuss the focus of this essay. Is it too broad? Is it too narrow?
- Note any information that veers away from the indicated scope of the essay. Please circle these sections on the draft also.
- Comment on whether or not the writer has shown that his/her stance is the best stance, out-shining the stance of the opposition. Put an * at the side of any chunk that will leave doubt in the mind of the reader.
- On the back, write a pro/con chart reflecting the structure and content of the paper you are workshopping.