Creating a Writing Studio Account
additional and more detailed information and help on using the Writing
Studio class pages, you can visit the guides located at: http://writing.colostate.edu/help/
the Writing Studio : We will use the
web forum and other tools provided by the Writing Studio for posting
responses to readings and discussions from class, in addition to drafts
of some writing assignments. Responses to questions/writing assignments
on the forum will count as part of your homework grade. There are
also many tools in the Writing Studio that you can use to help you
with your writing for this class and others (check out the guides
and working bibilography tool).
To Create a Writing Studio Account:
- Go to http://writing.colostate.edu
- On this page, complete the form with the correct information.
- Please indicate on the "Create an Account" page whether you want to allow instructors to add you to their classes. When instructors add you to their classes, they can view and comment on the work you save in the Writing Studio. Please note that you can stop instructors from adding you to classes at any time by updating your account information.
- Important note when selecting a password: To guard your identity, please avoid using passwords that include sensitive personal information, such as your social security number or student id. It's also a good idea, whenever you create an account on the Web, to avoid using the same password you use for accounts that contain sensitive information, such as accounts with banks, universities, colleges, and so on.
- When you've completed the form, click on the "Create Account" button at the bottom of the page.
- After you've clicked on the "Create Account" button, you'll be directed to our Account Agreement page, where you'll see information about how the Studio works and what is expected of account holders. Please read the account agreement and indicate whether you agree with it. Your agreement is required to use the Studio.
- If you already have a Writing Studio account, you can update your account information by logging in.
Post a Message to a Forum :
our class page:
the forum you need and click “View”
on “Create Message.”
Title and write your message
Click “Save this Message” to post it
can update or delete messages after they are posted by choosing those
options above the text box in the posting option.
Reply to a Message :
the message to which you want to reply
“reply” and then “save this message” to post your reply