Portfolio 2: Annotated Bibliography
Overview: To complete this assignment, you will read at least
15 sources on the issue you plan to analyze. Then, you will choose at least 10
of these sources to annotate and arrange into different approaches.
this Bibliography: To become informed on your issue; to begin considering
the various positions and approaches writers take in writing about this issue.
Audience: Write your bibliography for yourself and for your
Content: Please submit your annotated bibliography in a folder
clearly labeled with your name and email address. Your portfolio should
- The final draft of your annotated bibliography.
You may use single or 1.5 spacing since this is not in essay form.
- The final draft of your audience exploration
- Your interview or survey questions
- A record of responses to your questions
- Printed copies of your topic proposal and my
reactions to it
Requirements: There is no required length for the bibliography, but
it will most likely range from 500 to 750 words. In it, you should:
- List each source using MLA or APA guidelines
- Follow each citation with three to five sentences
summarizing the writer’s purpose and the main points from their argument.
- Group the sources into at least three different
approaches. (Suggestion: It may be easiest to annotate the sources first,
before clumping them into approaches. Then, look for common threads that
cut across individual sources. Think about grouping ones that have similar
purposes for writing, similar values and beliefs, or similar backgrounds.
Once you’ve narrowed ten positions into a few approaches, cut and paste
each annotation into its proper group.)
- Label each approach with a title or a